Last update: 6 juni 2022
Cocaine, is a stimulant drug extracted from coca leaves. It’s used to get more energy and will give the user a boost of confidence. Users take cocaine to get a cheerful feeling, but they can also get worked up from it to the point of aggression and physical attacks.
Coke, Sos, Crack, White, Basecoke
- White crystal like powder in Ponypacks or gripbags,
- Basecoke, chuncks, in small balls packaged in plastic. Off white, sometimes a light yellow color.
Method of use
Most users snort the white powder. But it is also possible to smoke cocaine. Cocaine that is processed in such a way that you can smoke it is called crack (chunks) Cocaine can also be injected, but this is rare.
After snorting: instant effect. Duration: 30 minuten to 1 hour
After smoking: instant effect. Duration: minutes
After injecting: instant effect. Duration: 10 minutes
- You don't see a lot in a users appearance,
- Less appetite,
Be aware that there is a risk of a heart attack because of the effects of cocaine on the hart rhythm and vascular system.
Characteristics after use
- Over confident,
- Sometimes hyperalert eye-contact,
- Very physical (touching people when talking)
- Mental addictive (more with smoking or injecting),
- Not physical addictive,
- In combination with alcohol there is a risk of alcohol poisoning because the user notices less of the effects of alcohol and consumes more,
- Chance of an arousal delirium,
- User think they can drive a car, but they get overconfident and take to much risk (speeding etc.)
- When somebody is a frequent user they might feel depressed and exhausted when not using cocaine,
- The nose and airways can be damaged by excessive cocaine snorting,
- Users should use a metal or glass snorting tube. Rolled money contains bacteria that can cause serious infections.
List I or II
Cocaine is illegal in the Netherlands and almost all countries in the world. In the Netherlands, the drug is on List I of the Opium Act. That means cocaine is a hard drug. According to the law, hard drugs are an unacceptable risk to public health. They are therefore forbidden to possess, process, trade or smuggle across a land border. Use is not punishable.